Monday, January 28, 2008

California

We came out to visit my mom nearly 2 weeks ago. My maternal grandma (and the only grandparent I had left) got really ill last month and had to be hospitalized. We came out as a distraction for my mom as she had been practically living in the hospital all this time. Unfortunately, my grandma passed away last Sunday. Fortunately, we were able to be here as a support and comfort for my mom. My grandmother lived a full life to the age of 84, and was able to hold grandchildren and great-grandchildren. What more can anyone ask for?

We return home this week. I am looking forward to seeing my hubby and sleeping in my own bed. It's the little things that count. I am also anxious to get home to start planning a trip out to AZ in the middle of this summer in order to have this baby. Why the craziness? Not only are midwives illegal in AL, but Ben and I would feel a whole lot safer and more comfortable if Paula caught this one as well. So, please wish me luck and pray that I am able to get to AZ without a problem.

2 comments:

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

Hi Claudia,

I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. I am glad that you were able to be there for your mom. No doubt it was a great comfort to her.

Midwives are illegal in Alabama!? That is very odd. Most people are very pleased with their midwife experience. I have only had an OB, but I would love to work with a midwife since they tend to be more accepting of natural childbirth. Sorry you have to travel to AZ to have the baby. And, traveling back with a newborn, you are a 4th time pro!

Thank you for the tip on wheat. Wheat will be my next experiment after I eliminate nuts, eggs, and dairy. I have reintroduced nuts and she hasn't broken out yet (so my guess is it isn't nuts). I will let you know if it is a wheat allergy as I am sure you will have lots of tips on cooking and shopping wheat free.

Claudia said...

Hi, Erin. Yes, midwives are illegal in AL. I was completely dumbfounded when I heard that. I didn't even think that was possible. Now, homebirths (unattended) are not illegal, but Ben doesn't want to be my midwife for me. So it looks like AZ one last time for me.

I really hope baby Talia's problem isn't wheat. Like I said, all three of mine, plus the daddy, have a wheat allergy, and it makes shopping very difficult.