Friday, February 08, 2008

Let Sleeping Babies Lie

And mommies too, but that's something else altogether. :-) Luci had trouble sleeping the other night. She was restless and couldn't find a comfortable position, no matter how many times she turned or elbowed me in the side and head. Apparantly, this condition extended to David, who showed up in my room sleepwalking. Well, I can't sleep with all of us in my bed. (Believe me, I have woken up with all three kids surrounding me with my back screaming at me from the weird angle they have twisted me in. On the other side is the unyielding form of my husband. Not comfortable sleeping for me.) So I went ahead and put Dave in Luci's crib for the night. Luci thought that was a fabulous idea and wanted to join her brother. Of course, right as I was drifting off into peaceful slumber, finally, Luci started fussing to get back out of the crib. She then chose to lie on the floor between the crib and my bed. I couldn't believe this would really be her choice so I tried to coax her back into bed with me. When that didn't work, I went ahead and folded my quilt for her size and put it down for her. She lied down and went to sleep for the rest of the night and was happy as a clam the following morning. Weird kid. :-)

No comments: