Friday, February 08, 2008

New Gap

Sam has been losing teeth for about a year now. Not at any great pace, but he did start at 5, which I was rather surprised at. His two bottom teeth came in no problem, and the top two are finally starting to come in as well (they came out last Sept. and Oct.) Well, since all these teeth are making an appearance, it was time to lose another one.

He was very insistent last night that I pull it out. Once we did (it was so easy I am glad we did so he didn't swallow it in his sleep.), he demanded I put it safely in a baggy so the tooth fairy could leave him his money. Ben couldn't resist. He had to point out to his son that the tooth fairy doesn't exist. Sam is so patient with his father. "Dad, of course the tooth fairy exists. How else do I get my money every time I loose a tooth?" He can go right on believing for as long as he can. (Since I was asked, santa and the easter bunny are not okay because they go against our religious beliefs.) Oh, and since the tooth fairy was aided and abbetted by my mother with the first tooth, these teeth are danged expensive. Thankfully not as expensive as the first one, but still. I am glad they aren't falling out very often. My sister and I had a laugh over this, since he would probably notice if the tooth fairy suddenly cut her rates. And on other progresses, Luci now very clearly calls Sam by name. Mostly this is to demand his help, but he was rather excited any way.

No comments: