Thursday, October 07, 2004

Good Times

We were able to enjoy two wonderful days with Daddy. It has been a while since both of his days off have been completely available. The boys have just been ecstatic. David does that whole body tense and quivering with excitement every time he sees him, and Sam has been tackling and attacking his Daddy at every available opportunity. :-) All in all, a very good time.

A couple of nights ago, Sam and I were able to eat dinner just by ourselves. It was so much fun! We talked and we laughed. At one point, he gets really still and whispers to me, "Can you hear that?" Well, no I couldn't since my head was so congested, but it was so cute to have him say that.

I gave the boys a bath together last night. I have done this a couple of times before, and they just love it. Sam will pour water on David, and David thinks this is just hilarious. We let David float on his back for a while (with me holding him under his arms, of course) and play with Sam. It warms my heart to see them having so much fun together.

David is so much more mobile now. He tries to scootch to get things, but he only manages to go backwards right now. He is rolling around a lot, to the point that he rolled off the bed yesterday. Well, he's fallen off before, only every other time has been onto Sam's bed. Yesterday it was onto the floor. He was not very happy about that.

We have a day of just being lazy ahead of us. I'm gonna go enjoy it. ;-)

No comments: